This topic describes how to get started with ABN AMRO API products.
1. Choose an API product
Go to the API Products page and select an API.
The status of an API is displayed using the following labels:
- Live: the API is available in production.
- Early Access: the API is available for a limited amount of users. For access to the API, contact us.
- Experimental: there is a prototype or pilot available for this API. For access to the API, contact us.
If you plan to use an API in production, view the API requirements for that API, and ensure that you comply.
2. Sign up
To use an ABN AMRO API product, you must register and create an account. An account is quick to set up and is free of charge.
To register and create an account:
- Click Sign up.
- Enter your details, and click Create an account.
- Developer Support will send you an activation link by email.
- Click the activation link.
3. Register an application
To use an ABN AMRO API in the sandbox environment, or develop your idea into production, you must create an application in the developer portal and associate it with the API. The sandbox environment is where you test the functionality of an API.
To create an application:
- Log in to your account.
- In the top navigation bar, click MyApps.
- Click Add a new App or +.
- In the App name field, enter a name for your application.
- In the API product field, select the API product that you want to use, and click Submit.
To view the status of your applications, go to the My Apps page. You can also view related information such as the applications API key and the secret key. The API key is used to access products that are associated with your application. The secret key is used to encrypt and decrypt messages.
4. Develop your application
You are now ready to start developing. Use the sandbox environment to access dummy data, and safely try out all API functionality.
For a step by step guide on how to use a specific API in the sandbox environment, go to the related API product documentation. To view all available APIs, go to the API products page.
5. Give feedback
We are keen to work closely with our clients, so that we can accelerate innovation and further improve our services. If you are interested in ABN AMRO API products, or would like to give feedback, contact us.
To go live with your application:
- Go to the API Products page and open the product documentation.
- In the Requirements section, ensure that you comply with all points.
- In the Production access section, complete the steps. This process describes how to release your application in a production environment.