Initiate payments and retrieve information.
With the Payment Initiation API we offer a service which enables you to initiate a single or batch payments from an ABN AMRO payment account to another account. You can retrieve the status of a previously initiated transaction to keep track.
A payment can only be intiatedinitiated from an account when ABN AMRO's account holder authorizes this payment.
- When you require access as a third party service provider to ABN AMRO accounts, you need a PSD2 license from a local competent authority and a PSD2 QWAC EIDAS SSL certificate.
- In the Netherlands, the local competent authority is 'De Nederlandsche Bank' (DNB). If you require access to accounts in other countries you need a (passported) license in that country as well.
- Searching for the PSD2 APIs of Bethman Bank or Neuflize OBC? Request access at the website of Bank Verlag for the APIs of Bethman Bank, or visit the Neuflize OBC Developer Portal for theirs.
A number of changes will take place in the area of payment services. These changes relate to a new European directive PSD2 (Payment Services Directive). One of the main objectives of PSD2 is to boost competition and innovation in the area of payment services.
The most significant change for ABN AMRO customers is that they will be able to give licensed third parties access to their current accounts. For the customer, this will enhance and create new experiences.
Alongside banks, other companies and organisations will be able to access account information and initiate payment services. This can only be done with permission of the customer.
Do your customers want to initiate payments from your application or do they want to use one bank application for several banks? Then Payment Initiation is the API you need to build an application or website which solves problems like these for your customers.
With the Payment Initiation API you can:
- Send in payment instructions directly from your application or website
- Create remarkable client experiences
- Reduce manual steps needed for payment processes
Want to see what you can do with the API? Add a new app and start experimenting in our sandbox!
Get paid faster by creating easy payment requests. Share them via any channel you want.
Boost the conversion rate of your webshop by enabling customers to checkout in just a few seconds.
What will you build?
With just a few lines of code you can build the most innovative applications imaginable. Create a free account and start building!