Initiate a single payment and retrieve information on the status of the transaction.
With the Payment Initiation API we offer a service which enables you to initiate a single payment from an ABN AMRO payment account to another account. You can retrieve the status of a previously initiated transaction to keep track.
A payment can only be intiated from an account when ABN AMRO's account holder authorizes this payment.
- When you require access as a third party service provider to ABN AMRO accounts, you need a PSD2 license from a local competent authority.
- In the Netherlands, this is 'De Nederlandsche Bank' (DNB). If you require access to accounts in other countries, you need a license in that country as well.
- A sandbox environment for testing will become available in February/March. Access to production can be requested when the PSD2 legislation has become effective.
- Searching for the PSD2 APIs of Bethman Bank (Germany)? Visit the website of Bank Verlag and request access.
A number of changes will take place in the area of payment services. These changes relate to a new European directive PSD2 (Payment Services Directive). One of the main objectives of PSD2 is to boost competition and innovation in the area of payment services.
The most significant change for ABN AMRO customers is that they will be able to give licensed third parties access to their current accounts. For the customer, this will enhance and create new experiences.
Alongside banks, other companies and organisations will be able to access account information and initiate payment services. This can only be done with permission of the customer.
Do your customers want to initiate payments from your application or do they want to use one bank application for several banks? Do you want to build an application or website that solves problems like these for your customers? Then Payment Initiation is the API you need.
With the Payment Initiation API you can:
- Send in payment instructions directly from your application or website
- Create remarkable client experiences
- Reduce manual steps needed for payment processes
You can start developing now using our documentation. The sandbox will be available in February/March. If you register your application, we will let you know once the sandbox is live.
Get paid faster by creating easy payment requests. Share them via any channel you want.
Boost the conversion rate of your webshop by enabling customers to checkout in just a few seconds.
Receive notifications about incoming or outgoing payments, balance changes and consent expiration.
Receive data that has been generated by your Point Of Sale terminal during a transaction to automate your reconciliation.
What will you build?
With just a few lines of code you can build the most innovative applications imaginable. Create a free account and start building!