Retrieve details of an account such as balance transactions, balance and details.
The Accounts Information API enables you to retrieve transactions and real-time balances from ABN AMRO payment accounts.
By using this service, applications can access general account information (e.g. the account holder name) or transaction information (e.g. amount and book date).
Account information can only be accessed when the ABN AMRO account holder authorizes this access.
- When you require access as a third party service provider to ABN AMRO accounts, you need a PSD2 license from a local competent authority.
- In the Netherlands, this is 'De Nederlandsche Bank' (DNB). If you require access to accounts in other countries, you need a license in that country as well.
- A sandbox environment for testing will become available in February/March. Access to production can be requested when the PSD2 legislation has become effective.
- Searching for the PSD2 APIs of Bethman Bank (Germany)? Visit the website of Bank Verlag and request access.
A number of changes will take place in the area of payment services. These changes relate to a new European directive PSD2 (Payment Services Directive). One of the main objectives of PSD2 is to boost competition and innovation in the area of payment services.
The most significant change for ABN AMRO customers is that they will be able to give licensed third parties access to their current accounts. For the customer, this will enhance and create new experiences.
Alongside banks, other companies and organisations will be able to access account information and initiate payment services. This can only be done with permission of the customer.
Do your customers want to have aggregated financial information or an overview of their balances from accounts held at different banks? Do you want to build an application or website that solves problems like these for your customers? Then Account Information is the API you need.
With the Account Information API you can:
- Automatically retrieve transactions and balance information
- Create remarkable client experiences
- Provide valuable insights to your users
- Reduce manual steps needed for data gathering processes
You can start developing now using our documentation. The sandbox will be available in February/March. If you register your application, we will let you know once the sandbox is live.
What will you build?
With just a few lines of code you can build the most innovative applications imaginable. Create a free account and start building!